Aboriginal Health Practitioner
Clinical Services Team
• Roebourne WA location
• Make a real difference
• Join a fun and dynamic workplace
About Mawarnkarra Health Service (MHS)
Mawarnkarra (MHS) is the largest primary health care provider providing direct services to Aboriginal and
Torres Strait Islander peoples living in the Roebourne area. MHS provides the families of Roebourne with a
fully functional and accredited Clinic that treats approximately 3,000 people per year.
Delivering quality medical services to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing
for families. MHS aspires to be a strong, sustainable and recognised health service that builds healthier
communities and positive change for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and those who call
MHS is looking for people who want to make a real difference in the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait
Islander families. Are you looking for somewhere to utilise your skill set in a supportive best practice
environment? Are you looking for a career that will allow you to spend time with your family and loved ones,
while still rewarding you well for your time and effort.
A fulltime position is on offer with a competitive salary, amazing conditions and a fantastic outdoors lifestyle.
We are situated just an hour’s drive from Millstream National Park, with swimming holes and rock art to
explore. There are islands to explore just a stone’s throw from Point Samson or Dampier and some amazing
beaches to be found at Murujuga National Park.
The role of the Aboriginal Health Practitioner is to enhance the clinical services provided to clients of
Mawarnkarra with the aim of improving health outcomes for Aboriginal people of the area.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
• Motivation to provide service excellence.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
• A demonstrated capacity to improve skills in working effectively, positively and collaboratively within
a multi-disciplinary team.
• Ability to prioritise workload and demonstrated organisational skills.
• Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based
research and quality assurance.
Other relevant Information
• Current Drivers Licence
• Current Working with Children’s Check & Police Clearance or willing to obtain
• Current AHPRA Registration
• Current CPR Certificate
• COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, (Requirement to be triple vax as per the WA Government mandate
for all health care workers)
• All employees are subject to regular and random drug & alcohol testing
Remuneration Benefits include:
• Base Salary + Allowances
• Superannuation 10.5%
• You will have access to generous salary sacrificing (pre-tax dollars)
Please send your resume and application form with a cover letter stating why you want the role to email@example.com
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.