Aboriginal Health Practitioner
Clinical Services Team
The Aboriginal Health Practitioner is part of the Clinical Services Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service’s objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Conditions of employment as identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
The role of the Aboriginal Health Practitioner is to enhance the clinical services provided to clients of Mawarnkarra with the aim of improving health outcomes for Aboriginal people of the area.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- A demonstrated capacity to improve skills in working effectively, positively and collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to prioritise workload and demonstrated organisational skills.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES
- Provide and initiate primary health clinical care to clients who attend MHS.
- Assist the GPs and visiting specialists with care of the clients.
- Provide advice, education and referrals as necessary.
- Assist in recalling of patients for treatments.
- Work collaboratively with other staff including Medical staff, Nursing staff, Receptionists, other Aboriginal Health Workers and the Programs Services Team on client care.
- Training and Education
- Work in collaboration with other staff at Mawarnkarra in implementing education and health promotion for clients and their families within the community.
- Attend Professional Development in line with professional requirements.
- Acts as a clinical resource to support, mentor and develop new staff and students.
- Encourage and participate in client and community education for health promotion.
- Infection control
- Demonstrate infection control principles at all times.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures in regards to infection control management.
- Assist in educating staff on the policies and procedures of infection control.
- Information Management
- Ensure all care provided to a client is entered into the client data management system is accurate and up to date and is appropriate for Medicare billing.
- Maintain the privacy of the clients at all times.
- Maintain effective communication using appropriate channels.
- Professional responsibilities
- Participate in continual quality improvement in the delivery of client services.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Participate in and contribute to the successful outcomes of the organisation.
- Participate in research activities within the services as required.
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Other duties as reasonably requested from your line manager.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Current Drivers Licence.
Current CPR Certificate.
Current APHRA Registration.
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to email@example.com You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.