The Administration Assistant is part of the Admin Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
Corporate Services Manager
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:45pm with 45minutes (unpaid) for lunch daily. You are to be ready for work no later than 8:30am daily.
Other conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
The role of the Administration Assistant is to support optimal access to services to client, stakeholder and visitors, the provision of administrative services and support and the ongoing support of a safe and friendly environment.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to identify situations where a more senior staff member or clinically qualified staff member is required for assistance.
- Ability to prioritise workload and demonstrated organisational skills.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
1. Reception duties:
- Provide a welcoming and safe environment for clients, stakeholders and visitors.
- Assist as necessary with flight and accommodation bookings as directed by senior management.
- Undertake all staff minutes.
- Ensure that clients, stakeholders and visitors are provided with a high level of service.
- Manage and direct telephone enquiries efficiently and appropriately.
- Manage follow-up appointments under the direction of senior management.
- Ensure that the reception area of the admin and the stationery room is clean and tidy at all times.
- Work closely with Finance team in providing assistance with leave forms; also making authorised payments on senior managements behalf with credit card.
- Ensure mail outgoing/incoming is attended to daily, with updating the mail register in a complaint manner.
- Write purchase orders as directed by senior management team.
- Ensure that the stationery is kept consistently stocked and create orders when needed with approval by the CEO.
2. Administrative duties:
- Ensure that filing is performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Archive documentation instructed by senior management and the CEO aligned with the policies of the organisation.
- Ensure that all communications are dealt with professionally and consistent with policies and procedures.
- Attend to all administrative tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Manage staff and senior management requests consistent with policies.
- Attend to administrative duties as assigned by the Corporate Services Manager.
- Demonstrate a good level of organisational skills.
3. Professional responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with the Corporate Services Manager, Senior Managers on all relevant issues.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Participate in and contribute to the successful outcomes of the organisation.
- Participate in research activities within the services as required.
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working With Children Check and a National Police Certificate.
Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Current Drivers Licence.
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.