Alcohol & Nutrition Kitchen Cook
Programs Services Team
The Alcohol & Nutrition Cook is part of the Program Services Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service’s objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
Alcohol and Nutrition Program Officer
SENIOR LINE MANAGER
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:45 pm with 45 minutes (unpaid) for lunch daily. You are to be ready for work no later than 8:30 am daily.
Other conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreements pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
To ensure that those people in the community with a dependency problem receive at least one nutritious meal a day.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES
- Cooking skills with the ability to provide meals to approximately 30-40 people daily following the pre-established 4-week rolling menu.
- · A basic understanding of nutrition.
- · Motivation to provide service excellence.
- · Ability to prioritise workload.
- · A good understanding of OH&S issues as they relate to the performance of the job (for example the safe handling of cooking equipment).
- · Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- · Ability to contribute to a friendly working environment.
- · A good understanding of the risks of the spread of disease in regards to food.
- · Ability to follow directions.
- · Ability to seek the advice and support of the Programs Manager when necessary.
- · Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, and quality assurance.
1. Cooking and client service duties:
- Work with the Kitchen Hand to do all things necessary to provide meals to clients. This includes shopping, preparation of meals, and delivery of meals.
- Ensure that meals are cooked in line with the pre-approved rolling 4-week menu.
- With the Kitchen Hand, ensures that the client’s meals are delivered.
- Prepare weekly shopping lists and shop accordingly.
- Provide internal catering services to the organisation when requested.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen at all times.
2. Participate in maintaining a safe working environment
- Apply the highest standards of health and safety in the preparation of food.
- Ensure that all operating procedures meet the applicable standards for food preparation.
- Always utilise safe operating procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment.
3. Professional responsibilities
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Help reduce the risk of spread of infection by providing a clean and safe environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with all Mawarnkarra policies and procedures.
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Other duties as directed by management
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working With Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Current Drivers Licence (no restrictions/conditions)
Current COVID-19 Vaccinated
Current CPR Certificate
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing
Please email your resume and application for a role through to firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.