Alcohol & Nutrition Kitchen Hand
Programs Services Team
The Alcohol and Nutrition Kitchen Hand is part of the Program Services Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service’s objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
Alcohol and Nutrition Program Officer
SENIOR LINE MANAGER
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:45 pm with 45 minutes (unpaid) for lunch daily. You are to be ready for work no later than 8:30 am daily.
Other conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
To ensure that those people in the community with an alcohol dependency problem receive at least one nutritious meal a day, by assisting and supporting the Alcohol and Nutrition Program Officer in their role.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to contribute to a friendly working environment.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- An understanding of nutrition.
- Cooking skills.
- Ability to provide meals to more than 30 people daily. Plus other cooking requirements.
- A good understanding of the risks of the spread of disease in regards to food.
- A good understanding of OH&S issues as they relate to the performance of the job (for example the safe handling of cooking equipment).
- Ability to follow directions.
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, and
- Cooking and client service duties:
- Shopping, preparation of meals, delivery of meals.
- Preparation of weekly meals lists and shops accordingly.
- Provide catering services to the service when requested.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen at all times. This includes mopping of
floors every morning and afternoon.
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment
- Apply the highest standards of health and safety in the preparation of food.
- Always utilise safe operating procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Professional responsibilities
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Help reduce the risk of spread of infection by providing a clean and safe environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with all Mawarnkarra policies and procedures.
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Other duties as directed by management.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
Complete an online tutorial regarding food, safety and hygiene.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working With Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Must hold a current Drivers Licence.
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange. MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.