Finance Officer (Casual)
Finance Team – Administration
The Finance Officer is part of the Finance Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region. The finance team is made up of external consultants Moore WA, the Business Development Manager, Senior Finance Officer and the Finance Officer
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
Business Development Manager
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
The role of the Finance Officer is to work in collaboration with the Senior Finance Officer and the guidance of the External Consultants Moore WA to ensure the ongoing provision of the highest standards of care to clients of the Service through the management of the day-to-day finances and financial obligations of Mawarnkarra and to apply all Australian Standards for Finance management to the Management of finances.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- An understanding of the legal obligations and standards required for the day-to-day bookkeeping of an Incorporated Organisation.
- Ability to problem solve effectively on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience with or ability to learn to use Xero or accounting software to be used by MHS.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Excel.
- Experience with or ability to learn data entry for pay roll and leave.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and demonstrated organisational skills.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
- Maintain the highest standards of bookkeeping and finance administration
In collaboration with the Senior Finance Officer and the guidance of the External Consultants, Moore WA:
- Perform data entry recording all income and expenditures against programs.
- Perform data entry into electronic payroll system, such as verifying timesheets and hours worked, calculating employee salaries/wages, deductions and contributions (processing superannuation, salary sacrifice and staff union fees), printing and issuing payslips and administer benefit entitlements.
- Perform data entry for processing invoices and expense vouchers and reimbursements, aligning with purchase orders and ensuring correct authorisation processes have been followed; recording receipts and maintain purchase order files.
- Assist with bank reconciliations and payroll reconciliation reports.
- Perform petty cash reconciliation.
- Assist with accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure there is a complete and accurate record of all monies.
- Assist in processing staff leave by checking and monitoring accrual balances.
- Assist with managing and administering travel allowances.
- Assist in preparing periodic reports as requested/required.
- Answer simple questions of staff and explain simple financial issues with staff.
- Assist in the implementation of any financial policies and procedures as required.
- Manage the filing, storage and security of financial documents.
- Perform the entry of staff salary sacrifices into payroll software and respond to simple enquiries about payment of salary sacrifice.
- Identify situations that require the input of more senior finance management staff.
- Ensure the integrity of the finance department is maintained:
- Ensure the highest standards of integrity are maintained in respect to finance management and all other matters relating to Mawarnkarra Health Service.
- Ensure that all business and financial matters relating to Mawarnkarra Health Service are kept confidential.
- Ensure that all financial matters relating to staff are kept confidential.
- Professional responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Finance Officer and External Consultants Moore WA on all relevant issues.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Participate in and contribute to the fulfilment of operational needs of the organisation as they arise.
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment.
Holds a Cert III or Cert IV in Bookkeeping/Financial Services or be willing to immediately commence a Cert III or Cert IV course in Bookkeeping/Financial Services.
Attend and participate in the professional development program of Mawarnkarra Health Service, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Current Drivers Licence.
Current CPR Certificate.
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.