Child Health Nurse
Clinical Services Team
Make a real difference in the health and wellbeing of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and children of Roebourne and surrounding areas
Remuneration Benefits include:
- Base Salary $105,300 to $140,000 p/a
- 10.5% Superannuation
- up to $15,900 Salary Sacrifice, plus $2,650 entertainment benefits
- $13,000 Housing Allowance
- $1,000 Electricity Allowance (Oct-Feb)
- $1,000 Annual Airfare Allowance, after 12 months continuous employment
- $3,055 (single) District Allowance
- 4 weeks annual leave + 17.5% leave loading
- 1 weeks Northwest Leave
The Child Maternal Health Nurse is responsible for the provision of culturally sensitive maternal and child health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children (0 to 5 years) within a primary health care setting.
The Child Maternal Health Nurse works in collaboration with the Midwife to promote children progressing, postnatal + 6 weeks into the care and support of the child development program (0-5 years).
- Current Registration as a Registered Nurse with Australian Health Practitioner Health Agency (AHPRA)
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Child and Family Health nursing and/or minimum 2 years previous experience working in a Child, Family and School Health Nurse or similar role;
- South Australian Understanding Vaccines and National immunisation Program certificate and annual updates since completion
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a program
- Ability to develop and manage a program in accordance with funding agreement performance objectives
- Motivation to provide service excellence
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a collaborative manner with staff
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve on a daily basis
- Demonstrated high level of clinical skills relevant to the position
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues effecting and impacting upon the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance
Candidates who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, (Requirement to be triple vax as per the WA Government mandate for all health care workers)
- Current Drivers Licence;
- Current Working with Children’s Check, Current Police Clearance, Current CPR Certificate (or willing to obtain)
About Mawarnkarra Health Service (MHS)
Mawarnkarra Health Service aims to deliver high quality clinical services and health programs to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, who call Roebourne, and surrounding areas, home.
Our service is located within the City of Karratha, 30 minutes from Karratha. Visit https://www.karrathaiscalling.com.au/
Please address the Skills and Experience in your cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Please direct any queries to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all.
This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.