Chronic Disease Nurse Coordinator
Clinical Services Team
• Roebourne WA location
• Make a real difference
• Join a fun and dynamic workplace
Are you looking for somewhere to utilise your skill set in a supportive best practice environment? Are you
looking for a career that will allow you to spend time with your family and loved ones, while still rewarding you
well for your time and effort.
About Mawarnkarra Health Service (MHS)
Mawarnkarra (MHS) is the largest primary health care provider providing direct services to Aboriginal and
Torres Strait Islander peoples living in the Roebourne area. MHS provides the families of Roebourne with a
fully functional and accredited Clinic that treats approximately 3,000 people per year.
Delivering quality medical services to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing
for families. MHS aspires to be a strong, sustainable and recognised health service that builds healthier
communities and positive change for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and those who call
MHS is looking for people who want to make a real difference in the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait
We have a full time permanent position on offer with a competitive salary, amazing conditions and a fantastic
outdoors lifestyle. We are situated just an hours drive from Millstream National Park, with swimming holes
and rock art to explore. There are islands to explore just a stones throw from Point Samson or Dampier and
some amazing beaches to be found at Murujuga National Park.
The role of the Chronic Disease Nurse Co-ordinator is to ensure the ongoing provision of the highest standards
of care to client of the service through the provision of clinical services and health education and
promotion, enhance the clinical services provided to clients of Mawarnkarra with the aim of improving health
outcomes for Aboriginal people of the area.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
• Motivation to provide service excellence.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Demonstrated capacity to work in a collaborative manner with staff.
• Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve issues on a day to day basis.
• Ability to discuss and explain complex issues to clients.
• Demonstrated high level of clinical skills and qualifications relevant to the position.
• An understanding of the standards required documentation and electronic data management in
• A demonstrated understanding of the issues and barriers that impact upon the health outcomes of
• Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based
research and quality assurance.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply!
- A valid current driver’s license “C” class is a requirement of this position
- Must have AHPRA registration
- COVID-19 Vaccinated
- Current CPR Certificate
- Must have current working with children’s & police clearance (or willing to obtain)
remuneration Benefits include:
• $120,000 + Allowances
• Superannuation 10.5%
• You will have access to generous salary sacrificing (pre-tax dollars)
Please email your resume and application for a role to HR Department. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.