Corporate Services Team
The Cleaner is part of the Corporate Services Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service’s objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
The Corporate Services Manager
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
To ensure that the Mawarnkarra building is kept clean and tidy.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Experience in commercial cleaning.
- Ability to contribute to a friendly working environment.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to maintain a clean and tidy environment indoors.
- A basic understanding of the risks of the spread of disease in a health care service.
- A good understanding of WH&S issues as they relate to the performance of the job (for example the safe handling and storage of cleaning solutions).
- Ability to understand and comply with Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Willingness to understand and actively participate in the Accreditation standards of the organisation as they apply to the position of cleaner.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to seek the advice and support of the Corporate Services Manager when necessary.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, and quality assurance.
1. Take responsibility for the cleanliness of Mawarnkarra.
2. Develop and implement a routine for the daily cleaning of the service in line with Australian and accreditation standards. This includes:
- The clinic area
- Office areas
- Toilets and bathroom
- Immediate outside grounds
- Administration reception areas
3. Develop and implement a routine for the weekly and monthly cleaning requirements of the service in line with Australian and accreditation standards. This will include windows, doors, carpets, light fittings etc.
4. Respond to requests from staff for cleaning services as they arise.
5. Professional responsibilities
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Help reduce the risk of spread of infection by providing a clean and safe environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with all Mawarnkarra policies and procedures.
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Must hold a current drivers licence.
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to email@example.com. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Explore local and northwest attractions near Mawarnkarra Health Service
Our service is located within the City of Karratha 40 minutes from Karratha.
The Pilbara is home to several beautiful beaches with opportunities for diving and snorkelling. The area is perfect for fishing and other water-based activities such as boating, sailing and whale watching. Millstream Chichester National Park is famous for its watering holes and camping spots. Within just a few hours’ drive are the world heritage listed sites of Karijini National Park and Ningaloo Reef. There are regular community events such as the Dampier Markets and horse racing and the recent development of the Karratha Art’s Precinct has opened the region up to more artistic pursuits including exhibitions, dance and theatre performances. We enjoy easy access to attractions such as Indigenous Rock Art accessed through guided tours on the Burrup Peninsula.
Explore more about the Pilbara here.