Clinical Services Team
The Medical Receptionist is part of the Clinical Services Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
Senior Clinic Receptionist
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
The role of the Clinic Receptionist is to support optimal access to services through the provision of client assessment upon arrival to determine priority according to the triage policy, provision of information to clients and visitors, the provision of administrative services and support and the ongoing support of a safe and friendly environment.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to identify situations where a more senior staff member or clinically qualified staff member is required for assistance.
- Ability to prioritise workload and demonstrated organisational skills.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
1. Clinic reception duties:
- Provide a welcoming and safe environment for clients and visitors.
- Manage the client wait list efficiently and consistent with triaging policies.
- Assist as necessary with the dental service bookings.
- Update patient contact, Medicare and other relevant details on a regular basis.
- Ensure that clients are provided with a high level of service by reception staff.
- Manage and direct telephone enquiries efficiently and appropriately.
- Manage follow-up appointments under the direction of Medical Staff, Nurses and Aboriginal health workers.
- Ensure that the reception area of the clinic is clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that the seats, toys and books in the reception area are cleaned at least daily and as required.
2. Administrative duties:
- Ensure that filing is performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Archive client files consistent with the policies of the organisation.
- Ensure that all communications are dealt with professionally and consistent with policies and procedures.
- Attend to all administrative tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Manage patient requests for medical records transfer in or transfer out consistent with policies.
- Attend to administrative duties as assigned by the Senior Receptionist/Transport Coordinator.
- Demonstrate a high level of organisational skills.
3. Professional responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Receptionist / Transport Coordinator, Senior Registered Nurse and/or Senior Medical Officer on all relevant issues.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Participate in and contribute to the successful outcomes of the organisation.
- Participate in research activities within the services as required.
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working With Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Current Drivers Licence.
Current CPR Certificate.
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.