Clinical Services Team
The Clinic Receptionist is part of the Clinical Services Team at Mawarnkarra Health Service.
The Service objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
Senior Clinic Administrator
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:45pm with 45minutes (unpaid) for lunch daily. You are to be ready for work no later than 8:30am daily.
Other conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
The role of the Casual Clinic Receptionist is to support optimal access to services through the provision of client assessment upon arrival to determine priority according to the triage policy, provision of information to clients and visitors, the provision of administrative services and support and the ongoing support of a safe and friendly environment.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to identify situations where a more senior staff member or clinically qualified staff member is required for assistance.
- Ability to prioritise workload and demonstrated organisational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service in all dealings with clients.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
1. Clinic reception duties:
- Provide a welcoming and safe environment for clients and visitors.
- Manage the client wait list efficiently and consistent with triaging policies.
- Assist as necessary with the dental service bookings.
- Update patient contact, Medicare and other relevant details on a regular basis.
- Archive client files consistent with the policies of the organisation.
- Ensure that clients are provided with a high level of service by reception staff.
- Manage and direct telephone enquiries efficiently and appropriately.
- Manage follow-up appointments under the direction of Medical Staff, Nurses and Aboriginal health workers.
- Ensure that the reception area of the clinic is clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that the seats, toys and books in the reception area are cleaned at least daily and as required.
2. Administrative duties:
- Ensure all scanning of documents are performed in line with the health service process and are kept up to date.
- Assist with filing when required.
- Ensure that all communications are dealt with professionally and consistent with policies and procedures.
- Assist the Practice Coordinator, when required, in regards to ensuring that Medicare accounts are finalised daily.
- Attend to all administrative tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Manage patient requests for medical records transfer in or transfer out consistent with policies.
- Follow the work directions of the Senior Clinic Administrator.
- Demonstrate a high level of organisational skills.
3. Professional responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Clinic Administrator & other clinical admin staff on all relevant issues.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Participate in and contribute to the successful outcomes of the organisation.
- Participate in research activities within the services as required.
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Participate with the documentation of patient journey and reception duties within Promapp
- Use of Recfind too store documents where applicable
- Raise improvements for discussion that increase effectiveness within the clinic
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Implied consent to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
All employees are subject to random and for cause drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to [email protected]. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
Explore local and northwest attractions near Mawarnkarra Health Service
Our service is located within the City of Karratha 40 minutes from Karratha.
The Pilbara is home to several beautiful beaches with opportunities for diving and snorkelling. The area is perfect for fishing and other water-based activities such as boating, sailing and whale watching. Millstream Chichester National Park is famous for its watering holes and camping spots. Within just a few hours’ drive are the world heritage listed sites of Karijini National Park and Ningaloo Reef. There are regular community events such as the Dampier Markets and horse racing and the recent development of the Karratha Art’s Precinct has opened the region up to more artistic pursuits including exhibitions, dance and theatre performances. We enjoy easy access to attractions such as Indigenous Rock Art accessed through guided tours on the Burrup Peninsula.
Explore more about the Pilbara here.