Clinic Registered Nurse
Clinical Services Team
The Clinic Registered Nurse is part of the Clinical Services Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
Senior Registered Nurse
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:45pm with 45minutes (unpaid) for lunch daily. You are to be ready for work no later than 8:30am daily.
Other conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
The role of the Clinic Registered Nurse is to enhance the clinical services provided to clients of Mawarnkarra with the aim of improving health outcomes for Aboriginal people of the area.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Motivation to provide service excellence
- Demonstrated ability to work with best practice standards
- Demonstrated high level of clinical skills relevant to the position
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a multi disciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve issues on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to discuss and explain complex issues to clients
- An understanding of the standards required for documentation and electronic data management in health
- A demonstrated understanding of the issues and barriers that impact upon the health outcomes of Aboriginal people
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance
1. Clinical and other services:
- Provide and initiate primary health care clinical services as required and necessary.
- Participate in case conferencing as necessary.
- Assist the GPs with procedures.
- Collaborate closely with GPs and visiting specialists on care of clients.
- Provide advice, education and referrals as necessary.
- Provide assistance or manage immunisations including the register.
- Oversee the management of recalls and reminders for the clinic. Ensure all recalling of patients for treatments is up-to-date at all times.
- Participate in care planning.
- Work collaboratively with other staff including Medical staff, other Nursing staff, Receptionists, Aboriginal Health Workers and the Programs Services Team on client care.
2. Education and health promotion:
- Work in collaboration with other staff at Mawarnkarra and take a leadership role in implementing education and health promotion for clients and the community.
- In collaboration with other staff including the Chronic Disease Coordinator, participate in chronic disease management of clients and provide education to clients and families on care, chronic disease management and health prevention.
- In collaboration with other staff, participate in care planning of clients.
- Provide education and training to other health service staff on the health needs of clients of the service.
- Provide advice, education and referrals for clients as necessary.
3. Vaccine storage management:
- Ensure that the integrity of all immunisations is maintained.
- Understand cold chain management and maintain the cold chain.
- Understand all NHMRC guidelines in respect to vaccine storage and management.
- Understand and adhere to the policies developed in regards to vaccine storage and management.
4. Infection control:
- Demonstrate leadership in maintaining infection control principles at all times.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures in regards to infection control management.
- Educate staff on the principles, and policies and procedures of infection control.
- Ensure a clear understanding of Mawarnkarra reporting requirements as relevant to the position.
6. Quality improvement activities:
- Take a leadership role in continual quality improvement in the delivery of client services.
- Ensure all standards are maintained consistent with evidence based best practice standards as applicable to the role of Registered Nurse.
7. Professional responsibilities:
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Participate in and contribute to the fulfilment of operational needs of the organisation as they arise.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with all Mawarnkarra policies and procedures.
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to [email protected]. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
Explore local and northwest attractions near Mawarnkarra Health Service
Our service is located within the City of Karratha 40 minutes from Karratha.
The Pilbara is home to several beautiful beaches with opportunities for diving and snorkelling. The area is perfect for fishing and other water-based activities such as boating, sailing and whale watching. Millstream Chichester National Park is famous for its watering holes and camping spots. Within just a few hours’ drive are the world heritage listed sites of Karijini National Park and Ningaloo Reef. There are regular community events such as the Dampier Markets and horse racing and the recent development of the Karratha Art’s Precinct has opened the region up to more artistic pursuits including exhibitions, dance and theatre performances. We enjoy easy access to attractions such as Indigenous Rock Art accessed through guided tours on the Burrup Peninsula.
Explore more about the Pilbara here.