CLINIC REGISTERED NURSE
Client Services Team
$100,000 – $132,000 pa pro rata
• Make a real difference
• Join a fun and dynamic workplace
• Fulltime Fixed term until 3rd April 2023
About Mawarnkarra Health Service (MHS)
Mawarnkarra (MHS) is the largest primary health care provider providing direct services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples living in the Roebourne area. MHS provides the families of Roebourne with a fully functional and accredited Clinic that treats approximately 3,000 people per year.
Delivering quality medical services to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing for families. MHS aspires to be a strong, sustainable and recognised health service that builds healthier communities and positive change for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and those who call Roebourne home.
MHS is looking for people who want to make a real difference in the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families. position is on offer with a competitive salary, amazing conditions and a fantastic outdoors lifestyle. We have situated just an hours drive from Millstream National Park, with swimming holes and rock art to explore. There are islands to explore just a stone’s throw from Point Samson or Dampier and some amazing beaches to be found at Murujuga National Park.
Are you looking for somewhere to utilise your skill set in a supportive best practice environment? Are you looking for a career that will allow you to spend time with your family and loved ones, while still rewarding you well for your time and effort?
The role of the Clinic Registered Nurse is to enhance the clinical services provided to clients of Mawarnkarra with the aim of improving health outcomes for Aboriginal people of the area.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
• Motivation to provide service excellence
• Demonstrated ability to work with best practice standards
• Demonstrated high level of clinical skills relevant to the position
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a multi disciplinary team environment
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve issues on a day-to-day basis
• Ability to discuss and explain complex issues to clients
• An understanding of the standards required for documentation and electronic data management in health
• A demonstrated understanding of the issues and barriers that impact upon the health outcomes of Aboriginal people
• Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
1. Clinical and other services
Provide and initiate primary health care clinical services as required and necessary.
Participate in case conferencing as necessary.
Assist the GPs with procedures.
Collaborate closely with GPs and visiting specialists on care of clients.
Provide advice, education and referrals as necessary.
Provide assistance or manage immunisations including the register.
Oversee the management of recalls and reminders for the clinic. Ensure all recalling of patients for treatments is up-to-date at all times.
Participate in care planning.
Work collaboratively with other staff including Medical staff, other Nursing staff, Receptionists, Aboriginal Health Workers and the Programs Services Team on client care.
2. Education and health promotion
Work in collaboration with other staff at Mawarnkarra and take a leadership role in implementing education and health promotion for clients and the community.
In collaboration with other staff including the Chronic Disease Coordinator, participate in chronic disease management of clients and provide education to clients and families on care, chronic disease management, and health prevention.
In collaboration with other staff, participate in the care planning of clients.
Provide education and training to other health service staff on the health needs of clients of the service.
Provide advice, education, and referrals for clients as necessary.
3. Vaccine storage management
Ensure that the integrity of all immunisations is maintained.
Understand cold chain management and maintain the cold chain.
Understand all NHMRC guidelines in respect to vaccine storage and management.
Understand and adhere to the policies developed in regards to vaccine storage and management.
4. Infection control
Demonstrate leadership in maintaining infection control principles at all times.
Adhere to all policies and procedures in regards to infection control management.
Educate staff on the principles, and policies and procedures of infection control.
5. Reporting and data management
Ensure a clear understanding of Mawarnkarra reporting requirements as relevant to the position.
6. Quality improvement activities
Take a leadership role in continual quality improvement in the delivery of client services.
Ensure all standards are maintained consistent with evidence-based best practice standards as applicable to the role of Registered Nurse.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Other Relevant Information
• COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, (Requirement to be triple vax as per the WA Government mandate for all health care workers)
• Current Drivers Licence;
• Current Working with Children’s Check, Current Police Clearance,
Current CPR Certificate (or willing to obtain)
• Current AHPRA Registration
Remuneration Benefits include:
• Base Salary $100,620 pa pro rata + Allowances
• Superannuation 10.5%
• You will have access to generous salary sacrificing (pre-tax dollars)
Please send your resume and application form with a cover letter stating why you want the role to email@example.com
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.