Clinical Services Team
The Clinical Manager is part of the Clinical Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
Senior Medical Officer
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:45pm with 45minutes (unpaid) for lunch daily. You are to be ready for work no later than 8:30am daily.
Other conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
The Clinical Manager role is multifaceted, in that this role carries a number of responsibilities. The primary responsibilities are managing clinical staff & coordination of the day to day running of the clinic. Ensuring reporting to funding bodies is accurate, thorough & complete. This involves having an excellent understanding of the patient data management system and being able to interpret data.
The Clinical Manager also has the administrator rights for the patient data management system, Communicare, for Mawarnkarra.
The Clinical Manager liaises with the Senior Medical Officer in regards to medical staffing, medical students, WAGPET registrars; collaborates with HR in arranging for these staff to work at Mawarnkarra ensuring all paperwork is in order, orientating these new staff, giving Communicare training; in addition to ensuring medical specialists services and the client appointments to attend these services are in order.
The Clinical Manager’s role is an essential role at Mawarnkarra not only due to the many tasks this role has but to ensure program funding continues so the health service is able to deliver an effective service of excellence to the community.
SELECTION CRITERIA, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must hold current RN Registration with AHPRA.
- Minimum 5+ years Post Grad experience.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and lead clinical staff.
- Ability to identify situations where the input of the SMO is required.
- Ability to problem solve effectively on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to coordinate nursing and administrative functions of the clinic.
- A demonstrated understanding of Medicare billing practices in a primary health care service and a commitment to implementing systems for ongoing quality improvement in billing practices.
- Experience in reporting against key deliverables.
- An understanding of contract deliverables and how data input assists in evidencing patient care.
- An understanding of interpreting data.
- An understanding of KPI’s against which we have reporting obligations.
- An understanding of the NDIS application process and services.
- Ability to discuss and explain complex issues involving health data with staff.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a collaborative manner with all staff.
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- Excellent clinical skills with the ability to support the clinic when needed.
- Excellent organisational & time management skills.
- Excellent writing/reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Uses initiative.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
1. Medicare responsibilities:
2. Reporting and health data responsibilities:
3. Medical staffing requirements:
4. Staff Coordination:
5. Quality improvement activities:
6. General Duties:
– Medical stocks & equipment
– Vaccine supplies
– Resuscitation trolleys
7. Professional responsibilities:
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to a Working with Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Current Driver’s License.
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to email@example.com. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.