Clinical Services Team
· Roebourne WA location
· Management role
· Make a real difference
· Join a fun and dynamic workplace
About Mawarnkarra Health Service (MHS)
Mawarnkarra (MHS) is the largest primary health care provider providing direct services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples living in the Roebourne area. MHS provides the families of Roebourne with a fully functional and accredited Clinic that treats approximately 3,000 people per year.
Delivering quality medical services to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing for families. MHS aspires to be a strong, sustainable and recognised health service that builds healthier communities and positive change for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and those who call Roebourne home.
MHS is looking for people who want to make a real difference in the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
The Clinical Manager role is multifaceted, in that this role carries a number of responsibilities. The primary responsibilities are managing clinical staff & coordination of the day to day running of the clinic. Ensuring reporting to funding bodies is accurate, thorough & complete. This involves having an excellent understanding of the patient data management system and being able to interpret data.
The Clinical Manager also has the administrator rights for the patient data management system, Communicare, for Mawarnkarra.
The Clinical Manager liaises with the Senior Medical Officer in regard to medical staffing, medical students, WAGPET registrars; collaborates with HR in arranging for these staff to work at Mawarnkarra ensuring all paperwork is in order, orientating these new staff, giving Communicare training; in addition to ensuring medical specialists services and the client appointments to attend these services are in order.
The Clinical Manager’s role is an essential role at Mawarnkarra not only due to the many tasks this role has but to ensure program funding continues so the health service is able to deliver an effective service of excellence to the community.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
· Must hold current RN Registration with AHPRA.
· Minimum 5+ years Post Grad experience.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to manage and lead clinical staff.
· Ability to identify situations where the input of the SMO is required.
· Ability to problem solve effectively on a day-to-day basis.
· Ability to coordinate nursing and administrative functions of the clinic.
· A demonstrated understanding of Medicare billing practices in a primary health care service and a commitment to implementing systems for ongoing quality improvement in billing practices.
· Experience in reporting against key deliverables.
· An understanding of contract deliverables and how data input assists in evidencing patient care.
· An understanding of interpreting data.
· An understanding of KPI’s against which we have reporting obligations.
· An understanding of the NDIS application process and services.
· Ability to discuss and explain complex issues involving health data with staff.
· Demonstrated capacity to work in a collaborative manner with all staff.
· Motivation to provide service excellence.
· Excellent clinical skills with the ability to support the clinic when needed.
· Excellent organisational & time management skills.
· Excellent writing/reporting skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Uses initiative.
· Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence-based research and quality assurance.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
It is Essential you have the following:
· AHPRA Registration
· COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, (Requirement to be triple vax as per the WA Government mandate for all health care workers)
· Current Drivers Licence;
· Current Working with Children’s Check, Current Police Clearance, Current CPR Certificate (or willing to obtain)
Remuneration Benefits include:
· Base Salary $120,551 + Allowances
· Superannuation 10.5%
· You will have access to generous salary sacrificing (pre-tax dollars)
Please send your resume and application form with a cover letter stating why you want the role to Jodie Rowell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close the 1st of December 2022
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.