The Compliance Officer is responsible for coordinating the implementation of the Quality Improvement (QI) cycle at Mawarnkarra Health Service (Mawarnkarra). Mawarnkarra is accredited under the Royal Australian College of General Practitioner Standards by AGPAL. Mawarnkarra is in contract with QICSA for the Quality Improvement Council Standards (QIC).
The Compliance Officer is part of the CEO Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
- To ensure that Mawarnkarra is always in a position to maintain its current accreditation status.
- To promote an environment of service excellence through QI.
- To facilitate and maximise staff participation in QI initiatives.
- To ensure internal audit procedures are conducted.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Demonstrated experience and skills in collaborating effectively with staff;
- Demonstrated office organisational skills such as maintaining registers;
- Demonstrated high standard computer skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of what quality improvement means for Mawarnkarra and how it is demonstrated within service delivery;
- Commitment to learn about the accreditation framework standards;
- Ability to represent the organisation effectively when liaising with accreditation bodies and other stakeholders such as funding bodies, including QI initiatives within the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Sector;
- Demonstrated timeline management skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Experience with computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A demonstrated capacity to work effectively and collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
- Coordinate the quality improvement cycle of the service consistent with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioner Standards and the Quality Improvement Council Standards.
- Ensure that all documentation is complete and submitted on time to AGPAL and QICSA.
- Ensure that the QI committee is maintained and that the committee meets monthly consistent with the developed terms of reference for that committee.
- Ensure all internal audits are conducted and maintained.
- Provide information and updates to staff on a regular basis:
- Provide regular input at the staff meetings on QI initiatives;
- Communicate regularly with staff to promote feedback, participation and input on initiates.
- Network and collaborate with managers and staff to ensure maximum participation and input into QI initiatives:
- Promote QI initiatives within the organisation;
- Promote and encourage participation at every level of the organisation;
- Collaborate with the HR officer on staff training and education requirements consistent with accreditation programs and QI initiatives.
- Reporting and documentation:
- Report to the CEO on a regular basis on QI initiatives and progress;
- Maintain documentation consistent with good management principles and with QIC standards.
- Coordinate the review, update, development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with the policies of Mawarnkarrra:
- Ensure that policies and procedures are reviewed at set intervals and as required.
- Ensure that changes to legislation, standards and guidelines, as relevant to Mawarnkarra, are reviewed and any necessary changes to policies and procedures are made in a timely manner with input from the relevant staff.
- Review of MHS documents before distribution as per Record Approval Process.
- Review of Promap processes before publishing.
- Educate & train staff on how to write/amend processes in Promap and encourage usage.
- Represent Mawarnkarra at meetings and forums as approved by the CEO from time to time.
- Liaise with the accreditation bodies as necessary.
- Professional Responsibilities:
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Participate in and contribute to the fulfilment of operational needs of the organisation as they arise.
- Participate in research activities within the service as required.
- Demonstrate leadership in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Current Drivers Licence.
Current CPR Certificate.
Consent to undergo a Working With Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
All employees are subject to regular and random drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to email@example.com You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.