Corporate Services Manager
The Corporate Services Manager is part of the Corporate Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:45pm with 45minutes (unpaid) for lunch daily. You are to be ready for work no later than 8:30am daily.
Other conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
The role of the Corporate Services Manager is responsible for all assets of the organisation and to implement the relevant objectives of the organisation by ensuring that the corporate team deliver a supportive, quality, effective and efficient service in order that the health needs of clients and the community are met
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
Motivation to provide service excellence.
Demonstrated ability to lead a multidisciplinary team.
Demonstrated capacity to lead in a collaborative manner with staff.
Demonstrated ability to problem solve issues on a day-to-day basis.
Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
Ability to manage the assets of the organisation.
Experience in the application of Workplace Health and Safety legislation.
Ability to report against key deliverables.
Good writing skills.
Good interpersonal skills.
Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
1. Leadership and management
- Manage the corporate team staff on a day-to-day basis.
- Motivate staff to provide service excellence.
- Oversee the provision of the highest standards of service fulfilling the responsibilities of the program requirements.
- Ensure that staffs are allocated responsibilities appropriately under the programs they work under.
- Monitor staff performance and manage same.
- Conduct regular staff appraisals, as per the organisation’s policy.
- Identify staffs that require support and assistance in fulfilling their responsibilities and arrange for the provision of support and assistance.
- Monitor and manage compliance with the policies of Mawarnkarra.
- Promote a collaborative working environment for all staff.
- Identify staff that may require performance management.
- Ensure that the professional development needs of staff of the corporate team are met and are consistent with organisational policy.
- Provide leadership in problem solving issues that arise.
- Ensure that staffs are appropriate and respectful of clients, visitors and other staff at all times.
2. Manage the assets of the organisation, including equipment, vehicles and housing
- Maintain and update the asset register.
- Manage the maintenance of equipment, vehicles, buildings and housing.
- Manage the purchase, transfer and disposal of assets.
- Ensure all policies and procedures for asset acquisition and disposal are followed.
☑ Ensure all regular servicing of all equipment, including medical equipment, is conducted on time as per the labelling.
☑ Ensure all emergency repairs to equipment are conducted in a timely fashion.
☑ Manage the day-to-day running of vehicles ensuring vehicles are ready for use by staff.
☑ Hold all vehicle keys
☑ Ensuring no unauthorised use of vehicles
☑ Ensuring that home-garaged cars are available for use by all staff during the day
☑ Conduct log-book audits
☑ Manage the purchase, leasing, transfer and disposal of the fleet vehicles.
☑ Ensure all polices and procedures for vehicles and use of vehicles are followed.
☑ Ensure all vehicles registered is current with the Department of Transport WA
☑ Management of accounts relating to fuel, cleaning, maintenance and repairs of vehicles
☑ Maintaining an accurate and contemporary register of all vehicles, delegated drivers and vehicles assigned under home garaging, conditional and private use vehicles.
Housing & MHS Buildings
☑ Ensure all facilities are maintained to a high standard.
☑ Ensure that all of the paperwork is completed prior to a staff member occupying a Mawarnkarra house, such as the lease is completed and inspections are carried out.
☑ Ensure regular inspections are undertaken on Mawarnkarra housing.
☑ Ensure all furniture included in the housing for a staff member is documented and accounted for.
☑ Ensure all maintenance for Mawarnkarra housing is carried out in a timely fashion.
☑ Ensure all polices and procedures for housing are followed.
☑ Manage security portfolio on behalf of Mawarnkarra.
☑ Ensure correct security delegation is given to each staff member.
☑ Ensure security protocols are followed for arming, disarming & lock up procedures.
☑ Ensure regular maintenance is carried out for security system for Mawarnkarra Health Services, including the Safe House.
☑ Manage the IT portfolio on behalf of Mawarnkarra.
☑ Ensure all IT updates/upgrades/maintenance are carried out in a timely and non-disruptive manner.
☑ Manage IT issues on behalf of MHS staff with IT provider.
☑ Management of accounts relating to IT services & purchasing of new IT equipment.
☑ Maintain appropriate insurance coverage for Mawarnkarra Health Service.
☑ Manage any insurance queries/claims on behalf of Mawarnkarra Health Service.
3. Reporting responsibilities
- Ensure that the objectives of the various programs are achieved.
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are fulfilled.
- Oversee staff responsibilities in respect to reporting requirements and supervise same.
4. Professional responsibilities:
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Participate in and contribute to the fulfilment of operational needs of the organisation as they arise.
- Participate in and contribute to the successful outcomes of the organisation.
- Comply with all Mawarnkarra Health Service policies and procedures.
- Take an active role in, relevant to the position of manager and consistent with WH&S legislation, maintaining a safe working environment.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Current Drivers Licence
Consent to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.