Disability Services Manager
The Disability Services Manager is part of the Administration Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and those who call Roebourne home.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:45pm with 45 minutes (unpaid) for lunch daily. You are to be ready for work no later than 8:30am daily.
Other conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
The role of Disability Services Manager is to develop, manage and implement a disability services program for Aboriginal and non Aboriginal people within the Mawarnkarra Health Service area for Mawarnkarra Health Service. To undertake and perform the role of Evidence, Access and Coordination of Planning within the NDIS program. To lead the Remote Community Connectors and ensure objectives are met.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Known and accepted knowledge of disability.
- Knowledge of services and supports for those with disabilities.
- Ability to develop, implement and oversee the disability services program.
- Ability to manage, measure and report a program against objectives.
- Ability to manage and lead staff.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Motivation to provide service excellence and organisational leadership.
- Ability to utilise a patient management system and other electronic computer software, including Microsoft Office products.
- Effective use of the electronic and manual document management system.
- Ability to problem solve effectively on a day-to-day basis.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to identify situations where the input of the CEO is required.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
- Ability to prioritise workload and demonstrated organisational skills.
- Ability to travel within the Pilbara region and elsewhere to meet the requirements of this role.
1. Develop, manage and implement a disability services program for Aboriginal and non Aboriginal people considering :
- Development of outcomes to determine program success, working with the Business Development Manager in regards to reporting requirements
- Measurement and reporting of the program, working with the Business Development Manager in regards to reporting requirements
- Access to the NDIS scheme
- Identification and development of service providers within the Mawarnkarra Service Area, including Mawarnkarra Health Service
- Required services to support disability patients
- Consideration of other requirements to ensure a quality disability services program
2. Evidence, Access and Coordination of Planning for the NDIS in the Mawarnkarra Service area, including but not limited to, Roebourne, Karratha, Mingullatharndu, Ngurrawaana, Weymul:
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct
- Participate in and contribute to the fulfilment of operational needs of the organisation as they arise
- Participate in research activities within the services as required
- Demonstrate leadership in maintaining a safe working environment
- Other duties as directed by management.
3. Lead and manage Remote Community Connectors:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the role and requirements of Remote Community Connectors
- To ensure the engagement of Indigenous local Remote Community Connectors who have knowledge of cultural, community and spoken language skills of the community they will assist
- Develop resources to assist the Remote Community Connectors with their work
- Develop with Remote Community Connectors a work plan to identify potentially eligible community members and to increase awareness of the NDIS within their community
4. Quality improvement
- Participate in the quality improvement program and accreditation
- Assist and recommend improvements within disability services and the organisation as a whole
- Assist with managing improvement modules as required
5. Professional responsibilities:
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Participate in and contribute to the fulfilment of operational needs of the organisation as they arise.
- Participate in research activities within the services as required.
- Demonstrate leadership in maintaining a safe working environment to the standard expected of a manager.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Use of Recfind (document management system,) and Promapp (procedure, improvement and risk management system)
Certificate IV or higher in a relevant field or 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Attend and participate in the professional development program required within the NDIA funding agreement and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Must hold a current drivers licence.
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
Applicants must obtain a copy of the selection criteria and address all criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria may not be considered. A copy of the position description and selection criteria may be obtained by calling the Human Resources on (08) 9172 0446 or via email at [email protected].
Explore local and northwest attractions near Mawarnkarra Health Service
Our service is located within the City of Karratha 40 minutes from Karratha.
The Pilbara is home to several beautiful beaches with opportunities for diving and snorkelling. The area is perfect for fishing and other water-based activities such as boating, sailing and whale watching. Millstream Chichester National Park is famous for its watering holes and camping spots. Within just a few hours’ drive are the world heritage listed sites of Karijini National Park and Ningaloo Reef. There are regular community events such as the Dampier Markets and horse racing and the recent development of the Karratha Art’s Precinct has opened the region up to more artistic pursuits including exhibitions, dance and theatre performances. We enjoy easy access to attractions such as Indigenous Rock Art accessed through guided tours on the Burrup Peninsula.
Explore more about the Pilbara here.