ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH OFFICER
$63,000 – $89,500
• Make a real difference
• Join a fun and dynamic workplace
About Mawarnkarra Health Service (MHS)
Mawarnkarra (MHS) is the largest primary health care provider providing
direct services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples living in the
Roebourne area. MHS provides the families of Roebourne with a fully
functional and accredited Clinic that treats approximately 3,000 people per
Delivering quality medical services to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural,
social and emotional wellbeing for families. MHS aspires to be a strong,
sustainable and recognised health service that builds healthier communities
and positive change for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and
those who call Roebourne home.
MHS is looking for people who want to make a real difference in the health of
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families. Are you looking for somewhere
to utilise your skill set in a supportive best practice environment? Are you
looking for a career that will allow you to spend time with your family and
loved ones, while still rewarding you well for your time and effort.
A fulltime position is on offer with a competitive salary, amazing conditions
and a fantastic outdoors lifestyle. We are situated just an hour’s drive from
Millstream National Park, with swimming holes and rock art to explore. There
are islands to explore just a stone’s throw from Point Samson or Dampier and
some amazing beaches to be found at Murujuga National Park.
To ensure that communities remain ‘environmentally healthy’ through
regular checking of housing, drinking water, waste water systems, solid waste systems, pest control, animal management such as dog health, emergency management and including health promotion.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
• Ability to contribute to a friendly working environment.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to prioritise workload.
• A basic understanding of the risks of the spread of disease.
• A good understanding of WH&S issues as they relate to the performance
of the job (for example the safe handling of equipment and chemicals).
• Ability to follow directions.
• Motivation to provide service excellence.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to seek the advice and support of the Programs Manager when
• Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional
development, and quality assurance.
• Promote and implement environmental and public health amenity and
• Provide services to clients and community members that assist them to
keep hygienic and safe living conditions for example conduct garden
cleaning and rubbish removal programs.
• Conduct projects including but not limited to, dog and cat breeding
controls, domestic animal hygiene control, mosquito management,
noise, wastewater and other matters relevant to Environmental Health.
• Assist with Health Promotional activities as requested.
• Provide excellent client service and deal effectively with other
employees and members of the community.
• Liaise with stakeholders such as council officers and visiting specialists
such as vets
• Contribute to Mawarnkarra’s overall objectives and achievement of
goals and assist other staff where appropriate.
• Assist other Environmental Health Officers with the performance of
their duties and work within a team environment.
• Enter data on programs to a high standard of efficiency and in a manner
consistent with the policies of the organization.
• Provide reports as requested and required from time to time.
Other relevant Information
• Current Drivers Licence
• Current Working with Children’s Check & Police Clearance or willing to
• Current CPR Certificate
• COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, (Requirement to be triple vax as per
the WA Government mandate for all health care workers)
• All employees are subject to regular and random drug & alcohol testing
Remuneration Benefits include:
• Base Salary $63,000 + Allowances
• Superannuation 10.5%
• You will have access to generous salary sacrificing (pre-tax dollars)
Please send your resume and application form with a cover letter stating why
you want the role to Jodie Rowell at email@example.com
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by
invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to
candidates with the right to work in Australia.