Family Support Worker
- Roebourne WA location
- Make a real difference in the health and wellbeing of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Join a fun and dynamic workplace
Remuneration Benefits include:
- Base Salary $60,001 – $74,997
- 10.5% Superannuation
- up to $15,900 Salary Sacrifice, plus $2,650 entertainment benefits
- $13,000 Housing Allowance
- $1,000 Electricity Allowance (Oct-Feb)
- $1,000 Annual Airfare Allowance, after 12 months continuous employment
- $3,055 (single) District Allowance
- 4 weeks annual leave + leave loading
- 1 weeks Northwest Leave
- 37.5 Hour working week, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.45pm
The role of the Family Support Worker is to work in collaboration with the Midwife and Paediatric Nurse to improve health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and children through the provision of culturally sensitive care.
This position will provide administration support and transport service to clients of the Maternal Child Health team.
Skills and Experience
- Motivation to provide service excellence and support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families in Roebourne and surrounding areas;
- Ability to transport people in motor vehicles in a safe manner;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to deal with clients who have complex health and social issues
- A demonstrated capacity to improve skills in working effectively, positively and collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence-based research and quality assurance.
- Confidence to support clients undertake surveys to support program objectives
- Well developed written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines, along with effective organisational skills;
It is essential you have the following:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, (Requirement to be triple vax as per the WA Government mandate for all health care workers)
- Current Drivers Licence;
- Current Working with Children’s Check and Police Clearance, or ability to obtain
About Mawarnkarra Health Service (MHS)
Mawarnkarra Health Service aims to deliver high quality clinical services and health programs to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, who call Roebourne, and surrounding areas, home.
MHS is looking for people who want to make a real difference in the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
Please address the Skills and Experience in your cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Please direct any queries to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.