Gardener / Maintenance
Corporate Services Team
The Gardener / Maintenance role is part of the Corporate Services Team at Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and those who call Roebourne home.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
Corporate Services Manager
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:45pm with 45minutes (unpaid) for lunch daily. You are to be ready for work no later than 8:30am daily.
Other conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
To enhance the appearance and functioning of Mawarnkarra Health Service facilities, with a focus on gardening and maintenance. To assist with developing a maintenance schedule and following the schedule to ensure facilities are maintained to maximise equipment and facility life.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Experience with maintaining/caring for facilities
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to identify situations where a more senior staff member or qualified staff member is required for assistance.
- Ability to prioritise workload and demonstrated organisational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education and skills development.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude when interacting with staff and is able to address issues appropriately.
- Participation in quality improvement activities.
- Communicating effectively with the Corporate Services Manager.
- Demonstrates an excellent knowledge of safety equipment and uses it appropriately.
- Demonstrates leadership in maintaining the safety of self and others.
- Maintains a satisfactory attendance record.
- Takes responsibility for the grounds of the organisation.
- Performs duties such that the grounds of the organisation are maintained to a high standard.
- Takes responsibility for the buildings of the organisation and their maintenance within the scope of a trade assistant or handyman.
- Assist with development and compliance to a facility maintenance schedule
- Performs duties such that the buildings of the organisation are maintained to a high standard.
- Always applies the policies and procedures of the organisation in respect to the gardening and in respect to the work of a trade assistant / handyman.
- Follows the work direction of the Line Manager as they arise
- Understands and complies with WH&S Legislation and Material Safety Data Sheets as it relates to the performance of the job, such as safe handling and storage of solutions for gardening and for the role of trade assistant / handyman.
- Follows and cooperates with reasonable instructions from OH&S reps concerning health and safety in the workplace.
- Actively involved in hazard identification and hazard reduction and elimination.
- A valid driver’s license
- Desirable. Training towards or completion of a trade certificate.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National Police Certificate.
Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
All employees are subject to random drug and alcohol testing, as well as for cause testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to [email protected]. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
Explore local and northwest attractions near Mawarnkarra Health Service
Our service is located within the City of Karratha 40 minutes from Karratha.
The Pilbara is home to several beautiful beaches with opportunities for diving and snorkelling. The area is perfect for fishing and other water-based activities such as boating, sailing and whale watching. Millstream Chichester National Park is famous for its watering holes and camping spots. Within just a few hours’ drive are the world heritage listed sites of Karijini National Park and Ningaloo Reef. There are regular community events such as the Dampier Markets and horse racing and the recent development of the Karratha Art’s Precinct has opened the region up to more artistic pursuits including exhibitions, dance and theatre performances. We enjoy easy access to attractions such as Indigenous Rock Art accessed through guided tours on the Burrup Peninsula.
Explore more about the Pilbara here.