Gardener / Maintenance
Corporate Services Team
The Gardener/Maintenance is part of the Corporate Services Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service’s objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
Corporate Services Manager
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
To ensure that the Mawarnkarra gardens are kept maintained and to ensure that any maintenance work to any Mawarnkarra buildings is attended to in a timely manner.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Experience in gardening.
- Experience as a trade assistant or Maintenance.
- Ability to contribute to a friendly working environment.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to maintain the Mawarnkarra gardens.
- Ability to maintain all of the Mawarnkarra buildings.
- A good understanding of WH&S issues as they relate to the performance of the job (for example the safe handling of equipment and storage of dangerous solutions such as petrol and paint).
- Ability to understand and comply with Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Willingness to understand and actively participate in the Accreditation standards of the organisation as they apply to the position of gardener and Maintenance.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to seek the advice and support of the Corporate Services Manager when necessary.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, and quality assurance.
DUTIES – Gardener
- Take responsibility for the Mawarnkarra Health Services grounds (which includes the Safe House) and the Mawarnkarra houses grounds.
- Develop and implement a routine for the daily maintenance of the Mawarnkarra Health Services grounds (which includes the Safe House) and the Mawarnkarra houses grounds.
- Develop and implement a routine for the weekly and monthly requirements for maintaining the grounds of the Mawarnkarra Health Service (which includes the Safe House) and the Mawarnkarra houses.
- Respond to requests from staff for gardening.
DUTIES – Maintenance
- Take responsibility for the Mawarnkarra Health Services buildings (which includes the Safe House) and the Mawarnkarra houses.
- Respond to requests for trade assistant / maintenance duties in a timely manner.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with all Mawarnkarra policies and procedures.
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager.
Attend and participate in the professional development program of Mawarnkarra Health Service, as approved.
Undertake the defensive driver-training course on commencement of employment and three yearly thereafter.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working With Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Current Drivers Licence.
Current CPR Certificate.
All employees are subject to regular random drug & alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.