Human Resources Assistant
The HR Assistant is part of the Administration Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
The role of the HR Assistant is to support the HR Officer to ensure the ongoing provision of the highest standards of care to clients of Mawarnkarra and the community through ensuring that human resources is managed to a high level of competency, are in order and all legal, organisational and contractual obligations are met in an accurate and timely manner.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and demonstrated organisational skills.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
- Assist in managing all aspects of recruitment including advertising positions vacant, coordinating the selection of candidates, coordinating interview panels, conducting referee checks and notifications.
- Assist in the preparation of all necessary paper work for employment and discharge.
- Assist in managing all employee enquiries and act as a resource for staff on human resource issues.
- Assist in managing elements of the employee personnel files including ensuring that all documentation is present and up-to-date.
- Assist in managing the staff induction program.
- Other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager.
- Work in collaboration with the HR Officer on all relevant issues relating to human resources.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Participate in and contribute to the successful outcomes of the organisation.
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working With Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Current Drivers Licence.
Current CPR Certificate.
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.