Human Resources Officer
The Human Resource Officer is part of the Administration Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
The role of the Human Resource Officer is to ensure the ongoing provision of the highest standards of care to clients of Mawarnkarra and the community through ensuring that human resources is managed to a high level of competency, are in order and all legal, organisational and contractual obligations are met in an accurate and timely manner.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES
- A HR qualification would be beneficial, but not essential
- Experience and qualification in workplace drug & alcohol testing is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- A basic understanding of the legal obligations and standards required for the management of human resources.
- A good understanding of the Fair Work Act and National Employment Standards.
- A good understanding of modern awards.
- Ability to problem solve effectively on a day-to-day basis.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to discuss and explain the policies of the service to staff and to work with staff on implementation and compliance with policies.
- Ability to identify situations where the input of the CEO is required.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence-based research and quality assurance.
- Ability to prioritise workload and demonstrated organisational skills
- Manage all aspects of human resource issues:
- Manage all aspects of recruitment including advertising positions vacant, coordinating the selection of candidates, coordinating interview panels, conducting referee checks and notifications.
- Prepare all necessary paper work for employment and discharge.
- Develop, implement and manage the staff credentialing register.
- Manage all employee enquiries and act as a resource for staff on human resource issues.
- Manage all elements of the employee personnel files including ensuring that all documentation is present and up-to-date.
- Manage the staff induction program.
- Quality improvement
- Assist Compliance Specialist with regularly maintaining Quality Improvement Council Standards.
- Administrative duties:
- Assist in managing and maintaining registers as required, registers include compliance registers, leave register, training register.
- Management of HR Assistant:
- Take a leadership role in facilitating an effective and collaborative working relationship.
- Provide leadership in problem solving issues that arise.
- Provide support and assistance in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Monitor and manage compliance to policy and procedure of the Health service.
- Professional responsibilities:
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Participate in and contribute to the fulfilment of operational needs of the organisation as they arise.
- Participate in research activities within the services as required.
- Demonstrate leadership in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Other duties as directed by management.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working With Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Current Drivers Licence
Current CPR Certificate
COVID-19 Vaccinated (triple vax as per the WA Government mandate for all health care workers)
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to HR Department. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.