NDIS Support Coordinator
Disability Services Team
Support Coordinator is part of the Disability Services Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
Disability Services Manager
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:45pm with 45 minutes (unpaid) for lunch daily. You are to be ready for work no later than 8:30am daily.
Other conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations (including confidentiality) and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
Support coordinators will assist participants in building the skills they need to understand, implement, and use their plan. You will work with the participant to ensure a mix of supports are used to increase their capacity to maintain relationships, manage service delivery tasks, live more independently, and be included in their community.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- The ability to develop relationships with people with disabilities, and their families.
- The ability to work independently in your community, and with your team at Mawarnkarra.
- A strong commitment to your community, linking in and compassion for people with disabilities
- Strong negotiating skills eg budgeting.
- Great understanding of the NDIS and care plans for participants
- Excellent listening and relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills, initiative, good judgment and extreme reliability.
- Must be able to conduct face to face meetings.
- A working knowledge of computers and willingness to learn new programs.
- Must have good writing, recording & reporting skills.
- Other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager.
1. Support Coordinator will support the participant to understand and implement the funded supports in their plan and link the participant to community, mainstream, and other government services.
2. Support Coordinator will assist the participant to negotiate with providers about what they will offer to the participant and how much it will cost out of their plan.
3. Support coordinator will ensure service agreements and service bookings are completed. They will help build the participant’s ability to exercise choice and control, to coordinate supports, and access their local community.
4. They can also assist the participant in planning ahead to prepare for their plan review.
5. Support coordinator will assist the participant to ‘optimise’ their plan ensuring that they are getting the most out of their funded supports.
6. Establish face to face meetings to establish the legal aspect of the service, sign Mawarnkarra service agreement and draft planning task by priorities (follow the NDIS plan)
7. Open the service booking in MyPlace (Disability Service Manager)
8. Link the participant to identified services to maximise opportunity and independence. Arrange meetings with the providers, review their contract and help the participant with this process.
9. Open a Purchase Order every time the provider delivers the service (confirm by provider invoice)
10. Keep records from therapists (emails) and any communication with the participant
11. Once a year, before the annual plan review, the Support Coordinator will send a report of progress and development of plans as a conclusion of the NDIS plan and budget. Confirm the goals has been achieved (8 weeks before the plan end)
12. Once a year meet with the participant develop and draft the next years plan.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Current Driver’s licence.
Current CPR Certificate.
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Explore local and northwest attractions near Mawarnkarra Health Service
Our service is located within the City of Karratha 40 minutes from Karratha.
The Pilbara is home to several beautiful beaches with opportunities for diving and snorkelling. The area is perfect for fishing and other water-based activities such as boating, sailing and whale watching. Millstream Chichester National Park is famous for its watering holes and camping spots. Within just a few hours’ drive are the world heritage listed sites of Karijini National Park and Ningaloo Reef. There are regular community events such as the Dampier Markets and horse racing and the recent development of the Karratha Art’s Precinct has opened the region up to more artistic pursuits including exhibitions, dance and theatre performances. We enjoy easy access to attractions such as Indigenous Rock Art accessed through guided tours on the Burrup Peninsula.
Explore more about the Pilbara here.