Mawarnkarra can now help you with the NDIS.
National Disability Insurance Scheme
National Disability Insurance Scheme or NDIS.
What does the NDIS do?
If you, or someone in your family has a disability, The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides funding to help you all live independent lives.
Who can get an NDIS funding?
To get funding, you must:
- Have a permanent disability.
- Have a significant disability that affects your everyday life.
- Be younger than 65 years’ old.
- Be an Australian citizen or have a certificate that says you can live here.
- Live in a part of Australia where the NDIS is already available.
How does it work?
To get NDIS funding, you will need:
- A referral from a GP.
- An access request form (we can help you fill out the application).
- A medical assessment, if requested by NDIA.
- An approved application.
- An NDIS
It is a not a simple process, and there is a lot of paperwork, but you are not alone. We will go through the whole process with you, we are here to help.