PATIENT TRANSPORT OFFICER
Client Services Team
- Roebourne WA location
- Make a real difference
- Join a fun and dynamic workplace
About Mawarnkarra Health Service (MHS)
Mawarnkarra (MHS) is the largest primary health care provider providing direct services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples living in the Roebourne area. MHS provides the families of Roebourne with a fully functional and accredited Clinic that treats approximately 3,000 people per year.
Delivering quality medical services to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing for families. MHS aspires to be a strong, sustainable and recognised health service that builds healthier communities and positive change for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and those who call Roebourne home.
MHS is looking for people who want to make a real difference in the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families. Are you looking for somewhere to utilise your skill set in a supportive best practice environment? Are you looking for a career that will allow you to spend time with your family and loved ones, while still rewarding you well for your time and effort.
A fulltime position is on offer with a competitive salary, amazing conditions and a fantastic outdoors lifestyle. We are situated just an hour’s drive from Millstream National Park, with swimming holes and rock art to explore. There are islands to explore just a stone’s throw from Point Samson or Dampier and some amazing beaches to be found at Murujuga National Park.
The role of the Patient Transport Officer is to promote access to health services through the safe transport of clients to and from medical appointments including specialists’ appointments in and around the West Pilbara region, to the airport when accessing medical facilities outside of the West Pilbara region, and delivering medications and appointment/reminder cards as directed by management.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- An excellent driving record.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to manage a crisis situation, for example a vehicle breakdown in the middle of delivering services for clients.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
- Transport of clients
- Drive safely and with due care at all times
- Ensure clients are safe and that all safety equipment is engaged
- Assist clients on and off transport
- Respond to an emergency medical situation appropriately
- Ensure that the policies in respect to the transport of clients are consistently applied
- Ensure that clients are treated respectfully at all times
- Provide assistance to clients when attending appointments if required and within the scope of the position
- Ensure to always have the mobile phone on, and to have regular contact with Mawanrkarra reception by mobile phone
- Vehicle maintenance and data reporting
- Maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of vehicles at all times
- Report vehicle maintenance or repairs issues immediately
- Maintain fuel and mileage logs
- Ensure that all equipment related to the vehicle and client transport is maintained and in working order
- Ensure that the policies in respect to the use of vehicles are adhered to
- Ensure that the State and Federal laws in respect to the use of vehicles are adhered to
- Ensure that all documentation in respect to the transport of clients is attended to
- Ensure that transport data is collected and reported promptly and efficiently
- Delivery of medication and appointment/reminder cards
- Ensure timely delivery of medications and appointment/reminder cards to the relevant clients
- Report any issues with the delivery of medications and appointment/reminder cards to the Clinic Coordinator
- Professional responsibilities
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct
- Participate in and contribute to the fulfilment of operational needs of the organisation as they arise
- Demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with all Mawarnkarra policies and procedures
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment
Other relevant Information
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Check & Police Clearance or willing to obtain
- Current CPR Certificate
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, (Requirement to be triple vax as per the WA Government mandate for all health care workers)
- All employees are subject to regular and random drug & alcohol testing
Remuneration Benefits include:
- $59,000 + Allowances
- Superannuation 10.5%
- You will have access to generous salary sacrificing (pre-tax dollars)
Please send your resume and application form with a cover letter stating why you want the role to Jodie Rowell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close the 1st of December 2022
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.