PATIENT TRANSPORT OFFICER
Client Services Team
The Patient Transport Officer is part of the Client Services Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service’s objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
Patient Journey & Transport Coordinator
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
You are to be ready for work no later than 8:30am daily on your designated work days.
Other conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
The role of the Patient Transport Officer is to promote access to health services through the safe transport of clients to and from medical appointments including specialists’ appointments in and around the West Pilbara region, to the airport when accessing medical facilities outside of the West Pilbara region, and delivering medications and appointment/reminder cards as directed by management.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- An excellent driving record.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to manage a crisis situation, for example a vehicle breakdown in the middle of delivering services for clients.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
1. Transport of clients
- Drive safely and with due care at all times
- Ensure clients are safe and that all safety equipment is engaged
- Assist clients on and off transport
- Respond to an emergency medical situation appropriately
- Ensure that the policies in respect to the transport of clients are consistently applied
- Ensure that clients are treated respectfully at all times
- Provide assistance to clients when attending appointments if required and within the scope of the position
- Ensure to always have the mobile phone on, and to have regular contact with Mawanrkarra reception by mobile phone
2. Vehicle maintenance and data reporting
- Maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of vehicles at all times
- Report vehicle maintenance or repairs issues immediately
- Maintain fuel and mileage logs
- Ensure that all equipment related to the vehicle and client transport is maintained and in working order
- Ensure that the policies in respect to the use of vehicles are adhered to
- Ensure that the State and Federal laws in respect to the use of vehicles are adhered to
- Ensure that all documentation in respect to the transport of clients is attended to
- Ensure that transport data is collected and reported promptly and efficiently
3. Delivery of medication and appointment/reminder cards
- Ensure timely delivery of medications and appointment/reminder cards to the relevant clients
- Report any issues with the delivery of medications and appointment/reminder cards to the Practice Manager
4. Professional responsibilities
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Participate in and contribute to the fulfilment of operational needs of the organisation as they arise.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with all Mawarnkarra policies and procedures.
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Current Drivers Licence.
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to [email protected]. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Explore local and northwest attractions near Mawarnkarra Health Service
Our service is located within the City of Karratha 40 minutes from Karratha.
The Pilbara is home to several beautiful beaches with opportunities for diving and snorkelling. The area is perfect for fishing and other water-based activities such as boating, sailing and whale watching. Millstream Chichester National Park is famous for its watering holes and camping spots. Within just a few hours’ drive are the world heritage listed sites of Karijini National Park and Ningaloo Reef. There are regular community events such as the Dampier Markets and horse racing and the recent development of the Karratha Art’s Precinct has opened the region up to more artistic pursuits including exhibitions, dance and theatre performances. We enjoy easy access to attractions such as Indigenous Rock Art accessed through guided tours on the Burrup Peninsula.
Explore more about the Pilbara here.