Programs Services Team
The Program Manager leads the Programs Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service (MHS). The Service mission is to provide access to and deliver quality medical services to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing of the families of the Roebourne area.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
Chief Executive Officer
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:45pm with 45minutes (unpaid) for lunch daily. You are to be ready for work no later than 8:30am daily.
Other conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
The role of the Program Manager is to lead a team who provide programs focused on the physical, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing of our clients. These programs must be delivered in line with funding objectives and comply with MHS policies and procedures. Current programs requiring Program Manager Leadership are:
- Smoking Cessation
- Alcohol and Nutrition
- Environmental Health
- Family and Domestic Violence Accommodation and Support
- Social and Emotional Wellbeing
- Healthy Lifestyle
The Program Manager works with the Program Team and leads them to meet objectives with success. Integration of program activities with other services provided by MHS is critical to the success of the team and to improve client outcomes. A collaborative and consultative work management style is required. The Program Manager must also cultivate and develop strong community connections that respond to the cultural needs of the community to whom they serve.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting program/project objectives with success.
- Ability to design, implement and monitor programs including identifying and evaluating key performance indicators.
- An ability to establish systems for measuring client outcomes against contractual objectives.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a collaborative and consultative manner with all MHS employees.
- Demonstrated skills in managing team members, including performance management experience.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve issues on a day to day basis.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in the application of Workplace Health and Safety legislation and other relevant human resource management laws.
- Ability to discuss and explain complex issues to staff and willingness to communicate in an open and transparent work environment.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
- Management of people
- Manage the program staff on a day to day basis.
- Manage all leave requests including, where necessary re-assignment of duties to cover leave.
- Conduct regular staff appraisals.
- Identify staff that require support and assistance in fulfilling their responsibilities and arrange for the provision of support and assistance.
- Monitor and manage compliance with the policies of the health service.
- Promote a collaborative working environment for all staff.
- Identify staff that may require performance management.
- Undertake regular communication with team (including meetings).
- Identify workforce needs and provide advice to the CEO on same.
- Ensure staffs receive adequate supervision and education appropriate to their skills and experience.
- Provide leadership in problem solving issues that arise.
- Oversee the provision of support and assistance to clients.
- Service leadership and management
- Meet funding and organisation objectives with success
- Participate in MHS business planning and objective management
- Represent MHS in a professional and positive manner to clients, networks and staff
- Promote and work towards MHS strategic priorities
- Collaborate on a daily basis with other senior members of staff to ensure ongoing integration of services, evaluation and improvement in service delivery.
- Collaborate on adequate staff placement and coverage of essential positions.
- Community and Client services
- Understand the clinical and social issues involved in providing preventative health care services and design programs with the aim of achieving optimal outcomes.
- Ensure compliance, monitoring and management of internal referral services. Promoting referrals to programs and from programs to clinical services.
- Collaborate with other senior staff on effective case management and care for the purpose of optimising client care.
- Take a leadership role in facilitating the education of staff on issues relevant to the health of clients.
- Ensure that staff are respectful of clients, visitors and other staff at all times.
- Develop and consolidate strong community networks, including with leaders in communities.
- Take a lead in organising community health promotion and awareness raising campaigns.
- Reporting and health data responsibilities:
- Ensure collection of accurate service data that meets the need of evidence support and funding report requirements
- In collaboration with the CEO and other Senior Managers, prepare reports against key deliverables in funding agreements.
- Provide written reports to the CEO and other senior managers as required.
- Organisational networking and linkages
- In collaboration with the CEO and other senior managers, develop and encourage partnerships with relevant service providers and agencies. Ensuring implementation of the appropriate governance structure for each relationship.
- Liaise with relevant organisations and agencies as required.
- Quality improvement activities
- Take a leadership role in the implementation of all QIC standards and ensure that standards are maintained for the purpose of maintaining QIC and AGPAL accreditation.
- Take a leadership role in continual quality improvement in the delivery of programs and program coordination.
- Promote and monitor staff participation in QI activities.
- Promote the use of improvement tolls supported within MHS, such as use of the document management system and process mapping procedures.
- Professional responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with the CEO and other senior managers on all relevant issues.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Participate in and contribute to the successful outcomes of Mawarnkarra Health Service.
- Ensure compliance to legislative requirements relevant to the role
- Other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Current Drivers Licence.
Current COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
Current CPR Certificate.
All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol testing.
Please email your resume and application for a role to HR Department. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to an interview, we will contact you to arrange it.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.