Programs Services Team
$99,450 – $131,322 Full time
- Roebourne WA location
- Senior management role
- Make a real difference
- Join a fun and dynamic workplace
About Mawarnkarra Health Service (MHS)
Mawarnkarra (MHS) is the largest primary health care provider providing direct services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples living in the Roebourne area. MHS provides the families of Roebourne with a fully functional and accredited Clinic that treats approximately 3,000 people per year.
Delivering quality medical services to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing for families. MHS aspires to be a strong, sustainable and recognised health service that builds healthier communities and positive change for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and those who call Roebourne home.
MHS is looking for people who want to make a real difference in the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
The role of the Program Manager is to lead a team who provide programs focused on the physical, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing of our clients. These programs must be delivered in line with funding objectives and comply with MHS policies and procedures. Current programs requiring Program Manager Leadership are:
- Smoking Cessation
- Alcohol and Nutrition
- Environmental Health
- Family and Domestic Violence Accommodation and Support
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Program Manager works with the Program Team and leads them to meet
objectives with success. Integration of program activities with other services provided by MHS is critical to the success of the team and to improve client outcomes. A collaborative and consultative work management style is required. The Program Manager must also cultivate and develop strong community connections that respond to the cultural needs of the community to whom they serve.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting program/project objectives with success.
- Ability to design, implement and monitor programs including identifying and evaluating key performance indicators.
- An ability to establish systems for measuring client outcomes against contractual objectives.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a collaborative and consultative manner with all MHS employees.
- Demonstrated skills in managing team members, including performance management experience.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve issues on a day to day basis.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in the application of Workplace Health and Safety legislation and other relevant human resource management laws.
- Ability to discuss and explain complex issues to staff and willingness to communicate in an open and transparent work environment.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
It is Essential you have the following:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, (Requirement to be triple vax as per the WA Government mandate for all health care workers)
- Current Drivers Licence;
- Current Working with Children’s Check, Current Police Clearance,
- Current CPR Certificate (or willing to obtain)
Remuneration Benefits include:
- Base Salary $99,450.00 / $51.00 per hour + Allowances
- Superannuation 10.5%
- You will have access to generous salary sacrificing (pre-tax dollars)
- Fully maintained vehicle
Please send your resume and application form with a cover letter stating why you want the role to email@example.com
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.