Community Connector (NDIS)
Disability Services Team
- Roebourne WA location
- Make a real difference
- Join a fun and dynamic workplace
Remuneration Benefits include:
- Base Salary $54,000 to $57,600 p/a
- 10.5% Superannuation
- up to $15,900 Salary Sacrifice, plus $2,650 entertainment benefits
- $13,000 Housing Allowance
- $1,000 Electricity Allowance (Oct-Feb)
- $1,000 Annual Airfare Allowance, after 12 months continuous employment
- $3,055 (single) District Allowance
- 4 weeks annual leave + 17.5% leave loading
- 1 weeks Northwest Leave
The Community Connector aims to engage, inform and assist people living in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander remote communities through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) pathway process.
Please note: Aboriginality is essential for this position in accordance with Section 50D of the Equal Opportunity Act.
- The ability to establish strong relationships with people with disability and families and service providers in community
- The ability to communicate clearly and sensitively when talking to people and their families
- The ability to work independently in your community, and with your team at Mawarnkarra Health Service
- A strong commitment to your community, linking in and compassion for people with disabilities
- Excellent listening and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, initiative, good judgment and extreme reliability
- Must have a non-judgmental attitude regardless of a participants needs
- Be approachable, positive and respectful
- Reside locally and have extensive local knowledge about the community
- Be accepted in their role as a Remote Community Connector by the community
- Have the ability to cultivate professional working relationships with participants and their families
- Have demonstrated skills to communicate culturally and appropriately with community members
- Local language skills are advantageous
- Build strong relationship with local organisations, the NDIA and mainstream services
- Respect confidentiality and build trust
- Comply with legislation
- Manage potential conflicts of interest and if required seek assistance to do so
Other relevant Information
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Check & Police Clearance or willing to obtain
- Current CPR Certificate
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, (Requirement to be triple vax as per the WA Government mandate for all health care workers)
- All employees are subject to regular and random drug & alcohol testing
About Mawarnkarra Health Service (MHS)
Mawarnkarra (MHS) is the largest primary health care provider providing direct services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples living in the Roebourne area. MHS provides the families of Roebourne with a fully functional and accredited Clinic that treats approximately 3,000 people per year.
Delivering quality medical services to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing for families. MHS aspires to be a strong, sustainable and recognised health service that builds healthier communities and positive change for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and those who call Roebourne home.
MHS is looking for people who want to make a real difference in the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families. Are you looking for somewhere to utilise your skill set in a supportive best practice environment? Are you looking for a career that will allow you to spend time with your family and loved ones, while still rewarding you well for your time and effort.
A full-time position is on offer with a competitive salary, amazing conditions and a fantastic outdoors lifestyle. We are situated just an hour’s drive from Millstream National Park, with swimming holes and rock art to explore. There are islands to explore just a stone’s throw from Point Samson or Dampier and some amazing beaches to be found at Murujuga National Park.
Please address the Skills and Experience in your cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Please direct any queries to Human Resources at email@example.com
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.