Safe House Support Worker
• Roebourne WA location
• Make a real difference
• Join a fun and dynamic workplace
• 12-month full time fixed term contract
About Mawarnkarra Health Service (MHS)
Mawarnkarra (MHS) is the largest primary health care provider providing direct
services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples living in the Roebourne area.
MHS provides the families of Roebourne with a fully functional and accredited Clinic
that treats approximately 3,000 people per year.
Delivering quality medical services to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural, social
and emotional wellbeing for families. MHS aspires to be a strong, sustainable and
recognised health service that builds healthier communities and positive change for our
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and those who call Roebourne home.
MHS is looking for people who want to make a real difference in the health of Aboriginal
and Torres Strait Islander families. Are you looking for somewhere to utilise your skill
set in a supportive best practice environment? Are you looking for a career that will
allow you to spend time with your family and loved ones, while still rewarding you well
for your time and effort.
We can offer a competitive salary, amazing conditions and a fantastic outdoors lifestyle.
We are situated just an hours drive from Millstream National Park, with swimming
holes and rock art to explore. There are islands to explore just a stones throw from
Point Samson or Dampier and some amazing beaches to be found at Murujuga National
If your looking for that work/life balance then this is the job for you!
The focus of a Safe House Support Worker will be to provide a strong support system
and a safe environment for clients and their families whilst working under the
supervision and direction of the Safe House Team Leader,
We are seeking a fulltime Safehouse Support Worker’s to ensure the wellbeing and
safety of all women and their children in crisis. We seek female workers who can work
casual hours to support the Safehouse operations when required. This role will include
shift work and undertaking a nightshift sleepover when required.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
• Ability to liaise and develop relationships with clients who are having family
crisis or homeless situations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and the client population.
and provide support in highly stressful circumstances.
• Ability to problem solve effectively on a day to day basis and in a crisis situation.
• Ability to negotiate complex issues with clients.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to prioritise workload.
• Ability to liaise effectively with other service providers.
• Motivation to provide service excellence.
• Ability to seek the advice and support of the Safe House Team Leader and other
staff when necessary.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• An active driver’s license to transport people in motor vehicles in a safe manner.
Ability to assist clients with day to day tasks
• Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development,
evidence-based research and quality assurance.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
You must be:
• Have good verbal communication skills
• Have genuine empathy for women and children who are in crisis
• Have the ability to follow instruction and Safehouse operational procedures
• Previous experience and/or education in crisis care
• Current First Aid Certificate
• Consent to a Working with Children Check, a National Police Certificate and NDIS
Worker Screening. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these
• Current Driver’s License.
• Current CPR Certificate.
• COVID-19 Vaccinated. (triple vax as per government mandate for all health care
• All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol screening.
Remuneration Benefits include:
• This is a fulltime 12-month contract position, base salary of $48,900 +
allowances, penalties and superannuation
Please send your resume and application form with a cover letter stating why you want the role to Jodie Rowell at firstname.lastname@example.org
www.marwarnkarrahealthservice.org.au for a full job description and more information.