Safe House Support Worker
Casual – $30.95 per hour
· Roebourne WA location
· Make a real difference
· Join a fun and dynamic workplace
· Casual role
About Mawarnkarra Health Service (MHS)
Mawarnkarra (MHS) is the largest primary health care provider providing direct services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples living in the Roebourne area. MHS provides the families of Roebourne with a fully functional and accredited Clinic that treats approximately 3,000 people per year.
Delivering quality medical services to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing for families. MHS aspires to be a strong, sustainable and recognised health service that builds healthier communities and positive change for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and those who call Roebourne home.
MHS is looking for people who want to make a real difference in the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families. Are you looking for somewhere to utilise your skill set in a supportive best practice environment? Are you looking for a career that will allow you to spend time with your family and loved ones, while still rewarding you well for your time and effort?
We can offer a competitive salary, amazing conditions, and a fantastic outdoor lifestyle. We have situated just an hour’s drive from Millstream National Park, with swimming holes and rock art to explore. There are islands to explore just a stone’s throw from Point Samson or Dampier and some amazing beaches to be found at Murujuga National Park.
If your looking for that work/life balance then this is the job for you!
The focus of a Safe House Support Worker will be to provide a strong support system and a safe environment for clients and their families whilst working under the supervision and direction of the Safe House Team Leader.
We are seeking casual Safehouse Support Worker’s to ensure the wellbeing and safety of all women and their children in crisis. We seek female workers who can work casual hours to support the Safehouse operations when required. This role will include shift work and undertaking a nightshift sleepover when required.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
· Ability to liaise and develop relationships with clients who are having family crisis or homeless situations.
· Ability to communicate effectively with team members and the client population. and provide support in highly stressful circumstances.
· Ability to problem solve effectively on a day to day basis and in a crisis situation.
· Ability to negotiate complex issues with clients.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to prioritise workload.
· Ability to liaise effectively with other service providers.
· Motivation to provide service excellence.
· Ability to seek the advice and support of the Safe House Team Leader and other staff when necessary.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· An active driver’s license to transport people in motor vehicles in a safe manner. Ability to assist clients with day to day tasks
· Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence-based research and quality assurance.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
You must be:
· Have good verbal communication skills
· Have genuine empathy for women and children who are in crisis
· Have the ability to follow instruction and Safehouse operational procedures
· Previous experience and/or education in crisis care
· Current First Aid Certificate
· Consent to a Working with Children Check, a National Police Certificate and NDIS Worker Screening. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
· Current Driver’s License.
· Current CPR Certificate.
· COVID-19 Vaccinated. (triple vax as per government mandate for all health care workers)
· All employees are subject to regular random drug and alcohol screening.
Remuneration Benefits include:
· This is a casual position, $30.95 per hour
Please send your resume and application form with a cover letter stating why you want the role to Jodie Rowell at email@example.com
Applications close on the 1st of December 2022
www.marwarnkarrahealthservice.org.au for a full job description and more information.