Safe House Team Leader
The Safe House Team Leader is part of the Programs Services Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The service’s objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies and procedures on commencement of employment and keep updated with any future policies.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreements pursuant to the policies of the Health Service.
The employee shall work Monday to Friday from 6:30 am – 2:45 pm
The focus of a Safe House Team Leader will be to provide a strong support system and a safe environment for both clients and their families and for the Safe House support staff, also to supervise and provide good leadership and direction to the Safe House Team.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Maintain a friendly and safe working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to liaise and develop relationships with clients who are facing domestic violence, family crisis, homelessness and other social issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all clients, staff members and service providers.
- Work effectively with clients and their families, where confidentiality and cultural appropriateness are essential.
- Ability to provide support in highly stressful circumstances for both clients and staff.
- Ability to problem solve effectively on a day to day basis and in a crisis situation.
- Ability to negotiate complex issues with clients.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Build and Maintain positive working relationships with other external support services providers.
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- Ability to seek the advice and support of the Line Manager, Safe House Support team and MHS staff when necessary.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and assist staff with daily tasks.
- Ensure the transport of clients is completed in a safe and professional manner and staff driver’s licenses are current.
- Ensure all Safe House transport vehicles are kept clean and tidy and report any faults to Corporate Services Manager or Line Manager and all staff adhere to the MHS Vehicle Use and Transport Policy.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance for all staff.
1. Provide support and assistance to clients:
- Case Manage and maintain client caseload, includes not limited to management plans, referrals, outreaching, follow up on client progress
- Provide case management support to clients and participate in case conferencing as per case plans.
- Ensure all inreach and outreach plans are implemented and maintained;
o Inreach – assistance to clients whilst they are at the service act in a way of advocacy with appointments and assistance with access to MHS
o Outreach – provide support and assistance to clients after they have left the service.
- Provide advocacy and referral assistance to women and their children in accessing the housing sector (public/private), Centrelink, Mental Health Services and assistance with other service providers including, Family and Children Services, Department of Child Protection, WA Police Department and Mawarnkarra Health Service and other support agencies.
- Work effectively, provide appropriate and timely assessments based on client needs and act according to the assessment.
- Follow-up with clients on a regular basis.
- Initiate client contact where appropriate and necessary.
- Provide support and assistance to clients in their own environment consistent with the policies of Mawarnkarra.
- Provide support to clients who are attending Court.
- Provide assistance to and support to families and friends of people who are in detox or rehabilitation.
- Assist clients to improve daily living skills such as budgeting, drug and alcohol awareness and confidence building skills.
2. Manage client files:
- Ensure and maintain all systems used to record mange; SHIP, SHOR and Communicare, also the use of RecFind6 and Promapp
- Maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of record keeping is essential.
- Record all data on clients as required by Mawarnkarra
- Note and have awareness and manage the following:
3. Program responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Programs Manager, facilitate and initiate group meetings and support services that involve clients, families and community members in respect to the Bringing Them Home Program.
- Represent the needs of clients on relevant committees as determined by the Programs Manager.
4. Professional responsibilities:
- Maintain and follow the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Work within an Ethical and Legal Framework.
- Ensure security and standards of the Safe House are maintained in a professional manner and to report any faults or any inconsistencies to direct Line Manager.
- Demonstrates understanding of child protection processes.
- Demonstrate good understanding and knowledge of Mawarnkarra’s OH&S policies and procedures and maintain a safe working environment for both Clients and Staff.
- Other duties as directed by your Line Manager.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National Police Certificate. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
All employees are required to adhere to the Smoking policy and be willing to undertake a random drug and alcohol screening.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to email@example.com. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.