Senior Finance Officer
Finance Team – Administration
The Senior Finance Officer is part of the Administration Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service’s objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people and the families of Roebourne.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
Business Development Manager
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:45pm with 45minutes (unpaid) for lunch daily. You are to be ready for work no later than 8:30am daily.
Other conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
The role of the Senior Finance Officer is to work under the supervision of the Business Development Manager to ensure the provision of the highest standards of finance management and assist with financial obligations of Mawarnkarra. The Finance team will operate in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards. The Senior Finance Officer is focused on checking and reviewing finance data.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work independently and in a virtual team environment.
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- An understanding of the legal obligations and standards required for the day-to-day bookkeeping of an Incorporated Organisation.
- Ability to problem solve effectively on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience with Xero or accounting software to be used by MHS.
- Experience with Microsoft suite especially Excel.
- Experience with data entry for pay roll and leave.
- Ability to reconcile banking statements.
- Ability to manage debtor/creditor payments.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to discuss and explain simple financial issues with staff.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, evidence based research and quality assurance.
- Ability to prioritise workload and demonstrated organisational skills.
- Ability to raise financial issues/concerns with Senior Manager.
1. Maintain the highest standards and efficient and effective of bookkeeping and administration under the guidance of the Business Development Manager:
- Accountable for all financial transactions being recorded within the financial management system
- Accountable for ensuring all financial transactions are authorised and approved and comply with internal Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure all data entry into Xero is accurate and all required transactions are recorded against a program.
- Ensure all bank reconciliations are completed correctly and on time.
- Ensure the Finance Officer completes accurate and efficient payrun data entry that reflects employee contracted entitlements and approved leave.
- Undertake reviews of payrun entries to ensure payrun accurate for payment.
- Oversee and check data entry for accounts payable and accounts receivable is accurate.
- Oversee and check accurate administration for reimbursements.
- Ensure all filing, storage and security of financial documents as per legislative requirements. Utilisation of electronic storage methods including document attachments to Xero and Recfind.
- Highlighting to the Business Development Manager any concerns with the process and accuracy of financial information.
- Prepare PAYG (IAS) and BAS returns under guidance from accounting service provider.
- Assist with the month end process and year end (financial and FBT) where required and as per documented processes.
- Assist in preparing periodic reports as requested/required.
- Assist in identifying and in the development of policies and procedures for the finance department of Mawarnkarra. Including the utilisation of Promapp to document finance processes.
- Ensure that the finance team comply with the financial policies and procedures.
- Assisting line managers with employee enquiries about pay; leave accrual balances, salary sacrifice payments and superannuation payments with confidence and knowledge.
- Work to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of finance processes, undertaking quality improvements.
2. Supervision of Finance Officer:
- Undertake supervision of the Finance Officer, including all aspects of the Performance Management process. Seek on site HR support for assistance with confirmation of issues and identification of actions.
- Train the Finance Officer to perform all required transactions to allow the role to assume responsibility for data entry. Undertake checks and reviews to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Ensure tasks are effectively and efficiently managed within the Finance team.
- Work in a collaborative team environment with the Finance Officer.
3. Ensure the integrity of the finance department is maintained:
- Ensure the highest standards of integrity are maintained in respect to finance management and all other matters relating to Mawarnkarra Health Service.
- Ensure that all business and financial matters relating to Mawarnkarra Health Service are kept confidential.
- Ensure that all financial matters relating to staff are kept confidential.
- Maintain confidentiality with MHS banking access and information.
4. Professional responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with the Business Development Manager and Finance Officer on all relevant issues.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Participate in and contribute to the fulfilment of operational needs of the organisation as they arise.
- Participate in research activities within the services as required.
- Demonstrate leadership in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Active participation in continuous quality improvement.
- Undertake work duties as requested by the Business Development Manager.
Relevant qualifications in bookkeeping and/or accounting.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working With Children Check and a National Police Certificate.
Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Current Drivers Licence.
All employees are required to adhere to the No Smoking policy and be willing to undertake a random drug and alcohol screening.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to [email protected]. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Explore local and northwest attractions near Mawarnkarra Health Service
Our service is located within the City of Karratha 40 minutes from Karratha.
The Pilbara is home to several beautiful beaches with opportunities for diving and snorkelling. The area is perfect for fishing and other water-based activities such as boating, sailing and whale watching. Millstream Chichester National Park is famous for its watering holes and camping spots. Within just a few hours’ drive are the world heritage listed sites of Karijini National Park and Ningaloo Reef. There are regular community events such as the Dampier Markets and horse racing and the recent development of the Karratha Art’s Precinct has opened the region up to more artistic pursuits including exhibitions, dance and theatre performances. We enjoy easy access to attractions such as Indigenous Rock Art accessed through guided tours on the Burrup Peninsula.
Explore more about the Pilbara here.