Tackling Indigenous Smoking (TIS) Support Worker (Male)
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a work/life balance in the Pilbara. Make a real difference coordinating this project. Excellent salary package
Remuneration Benefits include:
- Base Salary $64,994 – $75,000
- 10.5% Superannuation
- up to $15,900 Salary Sacrifice, plus $2,650 entertainment benefits
- $13,000 Housing Allowance
- $1,000 Electricity Allowance (Oct-Feb)
- $1,000 Annual Airfare Allowance, after 12 months continuous employment
- $3,055 (single) District Allowance
- 4 weeks annual leave + leave loading
- 1 weeks Northwest Leave
- 37.5 Hour working week, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.45pm
The role of the Tackling Indigenous Smoking Worker is to undertake activities aimed at reducing smoking levels and supporting smokers to quit within our service area.
Activities will include:
- Evidence collection within our service area to inform the program
- Brief interventions and positive care through community and support groups
- Education activities, inclusive of social and media campaigns
- Referring clients to formal cessation programs (within our clinic / externally)
The skills required include:
- Passionate about reducing smoking within the community
- Confident and enjoys undertaking activities within thecommunity
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn with a desire to make a difference
- Motivation to provide service excellence
- Ability to conduct outreach activities
- Flexibility around when your program activities occur
- Understands the process to plan and implement community activities and put this work into place within the community
- Shows the ability to prioritise workload
- Understands how to meet the objectives of a work plan
- Ability to record and report on program activities utilising computer software
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, and quality assurance.
- MUST be a Non-Smoker
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
You will require:
- A valid current driver’s license “C” class is a requirement of this position.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, (Requirement to be triple vax as per the WA Government mandate for all health care workers)
- Current working with children’s check (or willing to obtain)
- Current Police Clearance (or willing to obtain)
- Current CPR Certificate (or willing to obtain)
About Mawarnkarra Health Service (MHS)
Mawarnkarra (MHS) is the largest primary health care provider providing direct services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples living in the Roebourne area. MHS provides the families of Roebourne with a fully functional and accredited Clinic that treats approximately 3,000 people per year.
Delivering quality medical services to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing for families. MHS aspires to be a strong, sustainable and recognised health service that builds healthier communities and positive change for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and those who call Roebourne home.
MHS is looking for people who want to make a real difference in the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
Mawarnkarra Health Service is a community controlled Aboriginal health service providing access to and delivering quality medical services to improve the physical, spiritual, cultural social and emotional well- being of the families of the Roebourne area which is situated within the city of Karratha.
The Pilbara is home to several beautiful beaches with opportunities for diving and snorkelling. Within just a few hours’ drive are the world heritage listed sites of Karijini National Park. There are regular community events such as the Dampier Markets, horse racing and the recent development of the Karratha Art’s Precinct has opened the region up to more artistic pursuits including exhibitions, dance and theatre performances.
Please address the Skills and Experience in your cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Please direct any queries to Human Resources at email@example.com
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.