Women’s Program Coordinator
The Woman’s Program Coordinator is part of the Programs Team of Mawarnkarra Health Service. The Service’s objective is to provide holistic, primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of the West Pilbara region.
20 Sholl Street, Roebourne, WA 6718.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Conditions of employment are identified in your contract for employment.
All Mawarnkarra employees are required to comply with all policies in force at the time of commencement of employment and those implemented from time to time.
As part of the orientation program, employees are required to sign declarations and agreement pursuant to policies of the Health Service.
To provide culturally appropriate services including assisting with accessing holistic health care services to women in our community, including those leaving incarceration and those on re-entry service into the community.
The role of the Women’s Program Coordinator is to ensure that the program objectives are met whilst working under the supervision and direction of the Programs Manager. The focus will be to meet the needs of women in our community by providing social and emotional wellbeing support and services, including access services within the community.
This will be achieved by working in a team environment, coordinating and collaborating with other team members regarding planning and delivery of services.
This will be measured by monitoring and evaluating outcomes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and the client population.
- Ability to work independently without supervision and carry out required tasks without constant oversight
- Ability to think independently and determine what would be the best interests of the client.
- Ability to provide support in highly stressful circumstances.
- Ability to work with women in a supportive environment.
- Advocate on behalf of the client to improve the care they are receiving.
- Ability to build a strong rapport with individuals that promotes improved health and wellbeing outcomes.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to collect and record data, and assist with reporting.
- Ability to work in a team and be accountable to team members and supervisors.
- Motivation to provide service excellence.
- Ability to have true care and empathy for clients.
- Commitment to ongoing participation in education, professional development, and quality assurance.
1. Program responsibilities:
Administration and support:
- Provide input and feedback to the MHS team on any access issues.
- Identify and work with the team to formulate solutions.
- Develop a plan for data collection, review and feedback to the team and MHS.
- Collect data daily and report on data at least weekly.
Teamwork and program implementation and coordination:
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Regularly contact the team and Program Manager to report on progress and implementation of program.
- Educate other team members on the program and their role in implementation.
- Provide input and feedback on how to address issues.
- Use of a vehicle during work hours and for work purposes
- Comply with policies and procedures for use of vehicles, phones and other resources.
3. Professional and other responsibilities
- Participate positively in the work of MHS.
- Undertake any task not included in this position description that is reasonably requested and required.
- Participate in cross program activities as directed.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Contribute to the achievement objectives of the service.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with all Mawarnkarra policies and procedures at all times.
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Other duties as directed by managers.
Attend and participate in the professional development program and relevant external seminars and conferences, as approved.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Performance will be appraised on an on-going basis and formally at the first 3 months and annually thereafter.
Consent to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National Police Check. Employment is conditional pending the outcome of these checks.
Current Drivers Licence.
All employees are required to submit to a drug and alcohol screening within the first 3 months of employment and then randomly throughout the course of employment as required.
Please email your resume and application for a role through to [email protected]. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Should we progress your application to interview, we will contact you to arrange.
MHS may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Explore local and northwest attractions near Mawarnkarra Health Service
Our service is located within the City of Karratha 40 minutes from Karratha.
The Pilbara is home to several beautiful beaches with opportunities for diving and snorkelling. The area is perfect for fishing and other water-based activities such as boating, sailing and whale watching. Millstream Chichester National Park is famous for its watering holes and camping spots. Within just a few hours’ drive are the world heritage listed sites of Karijini National Park and Ningaloo Reef. There are regular community events such as the Dampier Markets and horse racing and the recent development of the Karratha Art’s Precinct has opened the region up to more artistic pursuits including exhibitions, dance and theatre performances. We enjoy easy access to attractions such as Indigenous Rock Art accessed through guided tours on the Burrup Peninsula.
Explore more about the Pilbara here.